Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Review of Icebreaker Bodyfit 200 Mondo Underwear Zip T-Neck - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

This active base layer zip top from Icebreaker has great range, taking you from mountain biking, hiking to spring skiing.


My cold weather staple

By Hickey from Visalia, CA on 2/3/2011

 

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Pros: Retains Body Heat, Doesn't smell

Best Uses: Endurance in cold weather

Describe Yourself: Expert

Gear Usage: Trail running

Was this a gift?: Yes

I use my Icebreaker Bodyfit for trail running in the CA Southern Sierra's. This is my base layer, against the skin then I put a simple REI shell jacket over it which I can store easily once removed. It holds my body heat very well to stay warm. Most importantly it pulls the sweat off my skin and you can actually see it bead up on the outside so you know it works. The wool helps it not stink and the thumb cut outs are two very nice features. The zipper allows me to release my body heat which I use when running uphill then zip back up for the downhill. I baby this product in the wash and hang it to dry and intend to use it as a staple go to in my trail running apparel. I no longer prefer dry wick long sleeve, you know the kind you have to ring out like a wet towel. Avoid the downhill shivers, this fabric rocks!

3 Rivers CA trail run

thumbnail

Tags: Using Product

(legalese)

No comments: